Please complete The York Hospital Volunteer Application form and The York Hospital Workforce Confidentiality Agreement form. Once they are completed you may email them to Kathryn Ford at email@example.com or send them via mail to the address listed on the forms. York Hospital will then contact you directly. The Volunteer Form can be found online at the link below.
PARKING/GREETER: 1 per day for 8 hours (Non-Clinical) This is an outside position greeting cars as they arrive, ensuring people have the proper paperwork and asking them to stay in their cars until a few minutes before their appointment. Monitoring the lot to be sure people are safe getting in and out. Distributing the Care Access number for anyone stopping by with questions about registering for the vaccine or for general vaccine questions – ensuring they stay in their cars. Asking the Clinic Coordinator to come out if additional help is needed.
CHECK IN: (TABLET USAGE) 1 per 2 hour time slot (Non-Clinical) You are greeting the patient once they are in the building. You verify their name and DOB with their Maine ID. We also must verify their credentials based on what stage of the vaccine they are in. (I.E. Healthcare ID) You use an IPAD for a simple check in process. Direct the patients to the screening table.
SCREENER: 3 per 2 hour time slot (Non-Clinical) Verifies patients are free of symptoms, makes sure they have their consent signed and proper paperwork. Helps with sanitizing surfaces and used chairs.
CHECK OUT: (TABLET USAGE) 2 per 2 hour time slot (Non-Clinical) We check out thru the iPad. Update patients Vaccination Card and verify their next appt.
VACCINATOR: 5 per 2 hour time slot once at peak (Clinical) Must have current Maine license or certification and competency is required
· The Clinic is located at St. Christopher’s Church, 4 Barrell Lane, York, Maine.
· The entrance to the Clinic is clearly marked as you drive to the back parking lot.
· We are looking for volunteers to sign up for 4 hours a week that could be 2, two-hour shifts or back to back shifts. Of course, you are welcome to do more!
· If you are volunteering for the 7:45 am shift, please come through the exit door that is the door to the left of the Clinic entrance.
· Please check the white board on the left as you enter the main area of the Clinic for the schedule of the day.
· Name badges are on the other white board by the schedule. Please let Heather Bird or Kate Ford know if you need one.
· Please hang your coats on the coat rack in the back of the room.
· On your first day, someone will be there to provide a job shadow. Please ask for Heather Bird or the name of the person providing your job shadow.
· Supplies are located on the table in the back right corner of the room.
· Bathrooms are past the stage on the right.
· Please refrain from using your cell phones during your shift for any reason including taking pictures due to patient privacy. Please refer to the policy attached which can also be found in the Clinic’s Policy and Procedure Binder, Cell Phone Use, (HW).214.
· Please adhere to the York Hospital Dress Policy attached. The policy can be found in the Clinic’s Policy and Procedure Binder, Hospital-Wide Professional Presentation, HW165).
· You will receive a link from Track It Forward to log your volunteer hours.